Wednesday, August 4, 2010

One thing that particularly saddens me. [Archived]

One thing that particularly saddens me is when a friend is sad and there's really nothing you can do to help them out. It happens to a lot of my friends, and I feel really bad because I can't do anything about it. One of my friends has parents that are really "out there" so much that he's going to harbor ill will towards them. While I have been helping him throughout the years, I am worried that because of this, he will end up never maintaining a good relationship with them in the future. Another one of my friends is having issues with a person they like who is not sure if the person they like, likes them back. Actually, this is more than one friend. A lot of my friends are having this problem, and I wish we as a society could be more open with those we have feelings for. But everyone is so afraid of rejection and that blow to their self esteem that they can't bring themselves to do it. Myself included. In due time, one of two things will happen. One, you end up looking back at what could have been. Or two, they tell you they like you way after the fact and you or they already have a new boy or girlfriend and it's too late to do anything about it. In any case, I wish we as humans were more open with each other, but our inhibitions and our worries prevent us from doing so. It's a shame, really. There would be much greater potential for happiness in the world. Until next time, blog readers!

No comments: