Sunday, September 19, 2010

Games I am looking forward to: 2010-2011 and beyond! [Archived]

Pokemon Black and White Version (Nintendo DS)

I can't wait for these games. Nintendo/Game Freak actually did it right. I never thought they'd surpass the brilliance of remaking Gold and Silver for the DS, but they gave these games a whole new breath of life into them. Online play on the field? I'm excited! And it has JUST enough nostalgia for older players to want to play (plus you can import your Pokemon from the older titles!)




The Last Story (Wii)

A Wii RPG developed by the original FF creator (Sakaguchi) after he left Square-Enix. There's really not that much information about it, but take a look at the trailer.





The Last Guardian (PS3)

I don't know much about the game, but I saw the trailer at TGS and it got me excited.







Nintendo 3DS (Console)

This handheld console has the technological advancements that surpass the Nintendo Wii in graphics and have the processing power of an Xbox 360 console. I am confused as hell on why this console is not getting more attention than it is. Rest in peace, Sony PlayStation Portable. It was really nice knowing you.







Goldeneye (Wii)

This is still one of my only favorite first-person shooters at the moment. EA Games is remaking it and I'm interested to see how faithful they remain to the original. I'm cautiously optimistic! I hope this game gets the public attention it deserves. There wouldn't be a Halo or Modern Warfare if it wasn't for this game to pioneer that type of genre to begin with.





Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals (Nintendo DS)

It's a remake of one of the first RPGs I have ever played on the Super Nintendo, to not purchase it would mean that I ignore the very game that got me into role-playing games as a kid.





I like the Japanese trailer more though...







Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (PS3/Xbox 360)

The sequel to one of the most epic fighting games in EXISTENCE. Am I going to be taken for a ride? Damn right, I will.





Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)

Nintendo put Retro Studios in charge of rebooting one of the best SNES franchises in existence, Donkey Kong Country. This was after their original developers were bought out by Microsoft and now they only make games for Xbox. (Traitors.)

Anyway, I hope they don't screw it up.










Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
(Nintendo DS)

An original 3D Final Fantasy coming to the Nintendo DS. I'm not so psyched about the in-game music (trailer music is still awesome), but I'm certain the game will still be fun to play, reminiscent of FF3 for DS, anyway.







Final Fantasy XIV Online (PC/PS3/Xbox 360)

The best for last? Probably. I have probably bored the hell out of my friends with this game from just talking about it. OVER AND OVER. If you know me well or talk to me often, you probably haven't escaped me talking about it. (I'm sorry!) Anyway, I'm looking forward to this FF, it really brings back all the sense of adventure that I had from when I was a little kid. lol There are also some real life friends of mine that plan on joining the game with me in the Winter and for PS3 release. I can't wait to adventure with them! ^_^

Can you tell I'm excited?






No comments: