Thursday, November 25, 2010

What I'm thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving!

We as a society seem to take a lot of things for granted. Days like Thanksgiving gives us all a chance (even for a moment) to take a look at what we have in life and be thankful for it. So, for today's blog post, I'd like to take some moments and post what I'm thankful for.

-I'm thankful for my family. They are supportive of what I do in life and are a great influence on how I live my life. I really hope to do the same with my own kids and family when I have them in a distant, alternate future.

-I'm thankful for my friends. They are what makes life enjoyable. Whether it be my primary group of friends playing video games at a Saturday gathering, or the BETA and FFS groups where we get to film planned out completely stupid skits for fun, or my online friends that I've met in various games that we can go on hour long tangents over one video game trailer or update, I highly appreciate and value all of you.

-I'm thankful for my physical and mental well-being. I don't (and never will) consider myself one of the strongest people in the world, or some kind of crazy genius. But I am thankful of who I am as a person. I'm thankful that I'm in decent physical shape and I'm able to get through college and go for my dream careers in the Computer and Entertainment industry.

I know these are the "cliche" responses that everyone gives when asked what they're thankful for, but I don't really consider material things that I have as means for thankfulness. It's the upper-three that have gotten anything material related that I would have been thankful for, if I were to list those, that would make the important three less-meaningful (if that makes any sense).

In any case, happy Thanksgiving everyone! Make sure to eat to your heart's content!

No comments: