Friday, December 31, 2010

Goals/Plans for 2011!




The last day of the year 2010! So I thought this would be a fitting last post to finish off the year.

Lots of accomplishments were made this year, and lots of things happened.

For the most part, I accomplished a lot of what I wanted to, and making a defined plan for the next year will hopefully be a motivator to keep things going for the better! (If that makes any sense.)

University Progress:

I want to learn more about the Unity3D engine to develop the Shadow Kid project further. I also want to grasp the Unreal engine and play with that to possibly join the Mythic MMORPG team project going on at Cal State San Bernardino.

Traditional Coursework Goals:

-Finish Physics Sequence. (I, II, III)
-Take Computer Architecture and/or Game Programming.
-Take Combinatorics.
-Take Computer Graphics.
-Finish General Education Courses.

I'll also become a Senior (again) this upcoming year. So I am looking forward to that. Perhaps I'll graduate on time, I'm hoping classes are in my favor for that. We'll see.

Game Projects:

I'm planning on releasing Dojo Adventure on a bunch of different websites. It still has problems that need fixing. I just noticed that Paramedic doesn't get Heal 4 at the level it's programmed to. So I need to go back and find out what's going on and fix some of these stupid mistakes before I submit it for review.

I also need to get Shadow Kid copyrighted this next year. I doubt it will be finished in 2011 though. Maybe 2012. Likely 2013. Two years and one day away!


BETA Cinema:


-Get Kickstarter set up to receive revenue for advertising/skit viewing.

-Many, many, more skits to come!

-Try and get a better camera or miscellaneous to not depend on others if they cannot make meetings.

Hopefully "If Jon Ruled the World" will be finished by February at the latest. We've been working on the movie for about a month now, and things are coming together. However, it's very... surreal! But writing/filming it was a hell of a lot of fun.

Final Fantasy XIV:

Naoki Yoshida is aiming to make a big announcement for the game on the 1st, so I'm excited to see what he has in store to make Eorzea an enjoyable place to be.

He recently did an interview on 4Gamer.

I also plan on leading Viva Eorzea Linkshell and start up a company for the linkshell when that goes into full force in early 2011. I'm sticking with the LS big time, I'm happy that we are one of the largest (if not the largest) linkshells on Figaro, and Ricocant/Nekovivie/Bellock along with myself are in it for the long haul to dominate the scene and be the premier LS of Figaro.

Life:

I'm hoping to become much more outgoing and social. I feel that I've become more outgoing this year than last, and it's more of a "keep it up" kind of thing. I'm hoping to get to know a lot of people in this upcoming year and get out of the social block that I've set myself up until a couple of years ago.

It would also help if I was more trusting of people, but I doubt that will ever change!



Happy New Year!

No comments: