Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A look back on 2010/December Goals and Updates!

A new month! The last month of 2010!

I've found this year in general to be much better than 2009. 2009 was a year filled with heartbreak, widespread political change, and a deep insightful look at what the hell was going on with my life. While I've found 2009 to be forced change upon myself (whether I wanted it or not), I've found this year to be one of personal change and a sense of advancement in my life. I've met a lot of new people and got to know some of my older friends a lot more, I experienced my first Anime Convention, I've become much more social around others (even though I'm still largely withdrawn/reclusive), I've started a new video group and met a lot of exciting and interesting people (and that video group implicitly hooked up three couples XD), I've learned how to both tweet and text people (thanks Fuego for the latter), and I've stopped using MySpace in favor of a better blog site (You're welcome, Blogspot). I've completed lots of video games that have been in completion limbo (like Final Fantasy I, and Legend of Dragoon for example).

In short (if you didn't want to read all of that mess), I've greatly enjoyed this year, I really couldn't be any happier of where I am now, and if I had a choice, I wouldn't have lived through 2010 in any other way.

Now on to December goals and updates!


Video Game Design Projects:


Shadow Kid:


My second game project, tentatively titled "Shadow Kid", is being worked on in both Unity 3D and Indie Game Maker, I'll have to present a prototype of the game sometime next week, so I'm working on it and I should be providing early screen-shots with placeholder graphics in a future blog post.

I'm looking for voice actors and level artists to help me out in the future. If you're reading this and may be interested, please message me on Facebook.

(See also: Shadow Kid Artwork/Designs)



Dojo Adventure:


I'm working on Dojo Adventure too, I've been getting messages and comments that the end of the game has a steep climb to it in terms of player vs monster level. I'm adding some areas in a couple of weeks that smooth-ens the leveling curve and makes it more enjoyable to level up between the 40's and the 60's. Expect an update to be posted around the 18th.

You can download the current version at the link below.

(See also: Dojo Adventure Download Page)

School:

Finals are coming up and I've been working my double to make sure I do well in all of my classes. I've pretty much singled out the one class that really needs work on (Digital Logic), and then I can try and hopefully pass that course and not have to worry about it.

I'm optimistic about it and hopeful that I should be in good shape. Next quarter I'm taking General Physics, Geology, Machine Organization, and Software Engineering. Fun!

(See also: Computer Science Class Flowchart)



MMOs:

Final Fantasy XIV:


I'm currently really enjoying my time in Eorzea. Since the update, I've been playing every chance I get (which, honestly, really isn't all that often due to school), but I'm aiming to play more during the Winter break. The game is at the point where I can start recommending to my friends (even though they'll most likely not listen and still not play, save for my XI friends) and I plan on having lots more adventures. I'm eagerly awaiting the December patch so Ricocant and I can continue shaping Viva Eorzea to be one of the best linkshells on the Figaro Server.

(See also: My current Final Fantasy XIV character status)

(See also: My views on Final Fantasy XIV Post-November 2010 Patch)


Final Fantasy XI:


I'm going to return to Final Fantasy XI this weekend to get level 85 Paladin and prepare for the update on December 6th that adds to the end of the Wings of the Goddess storyline. If this turns out to be the last patch they add with any sort of storyline content, I may retire from Vana'diel to continue working on FFXIV. As for the time being though, I'll be playing both FFXI and FFXIV and it makes it much easier that I get the two for $19 a month. Take that, World of Warcraft! Two addictions for $4 more than the price of one.

(See also: My current Final Fantasy XI status)


Relationship Thesis:


For people who have been keeping up with my blog posts, I've been working on a thesis of my personal view of [romantic] relationships. That can be viewed at the link below, and gets updated sparingly (as I see fit).

(See also: Relationship Thesis)



BETA Cinema:


I've outlined a detailed list for the plans for BETA Cinema this month and it is all listed in the link below.

(See also: BETA Updates)

No comments: