Saturday, January 8, 2011

Five Years!



Okay, five years and one day. (The anniversary came yesterday. I don't post on my off days.) But my first blog post ever was on 1/7/2006. Taken from a repost from my old Xanga blog.* My rant was three sentences long:

"Today we got our butt whooped by the Ark Angels! o.o They were tougher than I expected lmao! We decided to do a rematch next week, so meh next week it is!"

It's still hard for me to believe that five years passed so quickly (and that I wrote so badly). I don't look any different, I don't act any different, and I certainly don't feel any different. I'm not really sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

A lot of things happened though, but time feels like it passed in a blink of an eye. When I was younger (much younger), a year in itself felt like forever. And when I was in first grade, kindergarten felt like a forever ago, and so on.

Now, I'm almost a senior in college and I felt like I was in 8th grade yesterday. I think that's the real reason why I leave these entries so often, I want to keep mental tracks to make sure I'm actually progressing in life, because it sure as hell doesn't feel like it. It's kind of saddening to find that time goes faster as you grow older, or it's just me. (I hope it's not just me.)

Five years from now it's going to be the year 2016, here's hoping things don't change too much between now and then. Well, I welcome good changes, but not bad changes. I don't like bad changes.

And five years from now I'll refer to this post and comment on how terrible this layout looks, because, heck, my layouts looked terrible then as compared to now. At least improvement is shown there!

Until 2016!


*

First Blog (January 7, 2006-August 2006 - Defunct/Destroyed)
Second Blog (August 2006-February 2008 - Overlap with MySpace Blog)
Third Blog (February 2007-November 2010 - Grover's Semi-Daily Rants)
Current Blog (November 2010-Present - Grover's Semi-Daily Rants)

No comments: