Saturday, March 19, 2011

Never Again!

Never again will I take a class schedule this daunting and time consuming again. It's like mental suicide!

I think (for the most part) that I'll be okay with all of my courses, but I am going overboard on studying. I'm trying to balance out studying and gaming for the sake of my sanity. Too much of one thing is bad, right?

I'm also taking off a quarter in CSE courses in order to brush up on my programming skills. Software Engineering showed me that I need to expand past my knowledge of just C++, Java, and Ruby. And I really don't like mandatory independent study in order to pass a course that has a instructor. If I was taking an independent study course of my choosing, it would be one thing, but this is just ridiculous.

Some things I really want to grasp are PHP and CSS. So I'll have to read up on stuff about them this Spring. As well as brush up on C++ for when I eventually take Operating Systems next Winter. (Or Spring, depending on whether or not I can manage to pass Machine Organization.)

_

Oh, and I finally completed Black Version the other day, I briefly mentioned it, but I'm going through all the end-game content now. And I have to transfer my teams and others from my Pearl and SoulSilver versions. That is going to take quite a while, but I am one for patience.

_

Upcoming Projects:

This took three hours to do, but what can I say? I'm not an artist. However, I did get rid of one of the biggest annoyances of the game. The cursors were hard to read due to the black color, and I had to take the window-skin and do some editing. So, now we have a blue cursor. (And my artist skills go up by one. Score!(?))

Before:


After:


More details on Dojo Adventure upcoming changes can be seen here.


Release Dates:

March 31, 2011 - Dojo Adventure March Version (Whim Independent Studios)
April 1, 2011 - "The Math Skit" (BETACinema)

No comments: