Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A new month! March Goals, School, Eevee evolution chosen, and more nerdy stuff! March Madness FTW


I've re-designed for the month! I'm already missing the blue theme I've been used to since I started that look in 2008. But I think I can consider myself well-equipped to reflect all of the pinching. Right? Oh well, it'll be back next month.

Anyway, a new month means a new start, right? I realized I didn't make too much progress in terms of the February goals. In fact, I don't think I accomplished one damn thing on that list. (Okay, okay, I did get a Suicune from Gamestop.) What's the point of goals when they don't get fulfilled?

In any case, I tried to go for more realistic goals for March that I think I can fulfill.

-I'm looking to pass all of my classes. (Notably Physics, Machine Organization, and Software Engineering. I don 't need to worry about Geology, easy A). (See also: Progress to degree(s)). Easier said than done, right? Though, I'm right on the curve in all three of those classes. I never anticipated that the load would be this heavy, but I'm taking it small steps at a time. I've somewhat learned to stop procrastinating on doing Physics lab assignments, and that has helped greatly to my benefit. I just need to keep on hacking away and make sure I stay decent so I pass all of my classes. I've kind of past the point where I aim for high grades in these classes, but aiming to pass them all without the horrible fear of repeating any and setting back graduation any further. Needless to say, this is my utmost priority, and if I can at least get this goal done then the others can really be pushed to next month.

-A new version of Dojo Adventure is going to be released later this month, look for it! It'll most likely be released after Finals. I posted some of the changes that are coming in a different post! As well as a timeline for Codename: EPIC!

-Another important goal is to finish "If Jon Ruled the World". We are really running late on this skit, but it's almost done. It will be posted this month. Believe it! It's pretty cheesy, but it's very funny, and I think you'll enjoy it once it's completed.





-I've decided on the Eevee evolution that was greatly influenced by Twitter and Facebook posts. I'm going to go with Glaceon!

Yeah? I'm a sucker for blue Pokémon? It is my favorite color after all. And it would be formidable against opposing Pokémon like Garchomp or Dragonite. He's going to be a great addition to the Pokemon Black/White team, which I almost forgot to mention...

-Pokemon Black and White comes out Sunday! I'm looking forward to it! My poor DS is going to be abused for a couple of weeks straight! I already love the surfing theme they put in the game. (Music spoilers!)






-And I must, must, MUST finish Final Fantasy XIII. Yes, that abomination. I keep procrastinating in dealing with the game (I'm stuck on Barthandelus in Disc 3 of the XB360 version, so I'm not far from the end of the game), but I must finish! But it always helps to watch a funny movie that spoofs it, like this for example:





While I'm on the subject of Final Fantasy, I'm also looking forward to the changes Naoki Yoshida and his team are bringing to Final Fantasy XIV. They're bringing back the Black Mage costume!!! And do I see Dark Knight or Dragoon in there too!? I'm going to hopefully knock out a lot of quests for XIV with the Viva Eorzea Linkshell, so I'm looking forward to the patch that will be released in a few days.




That's about it for my March goals, more comprehensive than last months, but certainly more doable. (At least I think so). And I'll close out the blog post by an inspiring song by Steely Dan to kick off the month! Bring it on, March!




Hello one and all
Was it you I used to know
Can't you hear me call
On this old ham radio
All I got to say
I'm alive and feeling fine
Should you come my way
You can share my poison wine

CHORUS:
No marigolds in the promised land
There's a hole in the ground
Where they used to grow
Any man left on the Rio Grande
Is the king of the world
As far as I know

I won't take your bread
I don't need your helping hand
I can't be no savage
I can't be no highwayman
Show me where you are
You and I will spend this day
Driving in my car
Through the ruins of Santa Fe

CHORUS

I'm reading last year's papers
Although I don't know why
Assassins cons and rapers
Might as well die

If you come around
No more pain and no regrets
Watch the sun go brown
Smoking cobalt cigarettes
There's no need to hide
Taking things the easy way
If I stay inside
I might live til Saturday

CHORUS

2 comments:

Ryan Davis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.