Friday, April 22, 2011

I have one year!

First, I'm going to need some motivational music...





Ah, there we go!


So, I posted a couple of days ago on Facebook about the 2011 Pokémon World Championship being held this year. I was seriously considering going to it next month, until I noticed this rule:

Players may use Pokémon found in the Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version Unova Pokédex, from No. 001-148, and No. 151, that are caught in the game, or received by an official event or distribution. Pokémon from the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh Pokédex cannot be used.

Now I really like this rule, it gives fair game to only Pokémon being used in this generation. And I'n happy that I can avoid battling people who use strategies like this:





It's cheap, but effective. And I'm glad a strategy like that can't be used this time. (Unless there's a new Pokémon set that does that. Probably is. I'll have to keep an eye out for that.)

But anyway, the bad news! Most of my main team I've had with me since 2008 and is mainly comprised of Pokémon I've raised in Pearl, LeafGreen, and SoulSilver versions. I only have maybe three that are remotely ready for this tournament and only one of those three are properly EV trained for said event:

So, there is a lot of work to be done. I'm giving myself one year to EV train a team of 9 Pokémon to use in the Championship for next year. I need to be able to have one specific Pokémon for every kind of cheap tactic one will throw in the way. That means I'll need to study a lot of the Generation V setups and see what we can do and how I can get a team that will work in my favor! I'll probably release some of my team, but for the sake of not being killed due to people just looking here for research, I'll try and keep some of my Pokemon and moves scratched out and censored off.

Anyway, win or lose, I think this will be somewhat of a fun goal to do in spare time. (Since I usually play Pokémon in my dead time. Thank you, Nintendo DS!) Even in Anime Expo last year, I met a lot of fellow Pokemon Trainers on my SoulSilver game. I'm hoping I can do something similar for my Black Version. So in the very least, I'll make a lot of new friends at the event!

Anyway, Black Version. Prepare to get played a ton over the course of this/next year!

No comments: