Friday, May 20, 2011

Game Project: Battle System Preview

It's great to actually feel well enough to get back up and working again on my projects. I don't plan on working myself to exhaustion again (especially while having been sick for the last week and a half.)


Anyway, I'm working on the battle system for the game project the last few weeks or so. Since I've gotten sick though, I had to really throw it into back-priority while I focused on getting better. Anyway, some preview screen-shots.



I want this project to be what "Aveyond" was for RPG Maker XP. One of the noteworthy professional projects developed on the VX engine. There are too many VX games that are either poorly written, poorly developed, or blatantly copied. (Using pre-existing music and characters.) And I really want to set out to develop something original and exciting. Which is why we are taking as long as we need to get something the team (as well as I) can be satisfied with.

Anyway, going off the previous tangent, I'm starting to really get good with Ruby programming language. It's become some sort of hobby for me to do some programming on the side, especially tearing apart and rebuilding something code-wise. I find to be a lot of fun, and it's good practice to beef up programming skills/knowledge. :)

I think I said it the other day too in some previous post, but beta-testing for the battle system will be from June 13th to June 19th, 2011. I will post details at a later date, and invitations to those interested will be invited via e-mail.


Until Sunday the 22nd!

No comments: