Sunday, May 22, 2011

Good Knight, Sweet Dreams


Or so the quest says.


I've been playing a lot of Final Fantasy XIV lately. And I mean a lot. Most of my inspiration of playing can be attributed to two large posts by the development team. An upcoming overhaul to the battle system and introduction of the FF-staple jobs (like Black Mage!) AND an upcoming list of changes to the game. (Including dungeons and a chance to fight Ifrit!) But enough about that, I will rant about that much more thoroughly on Tuesday.



The other day, I finally got my Conjurer to Rank 30 (finally), which allowed me to undertake the next class quest in the series. (There are three for each class. One quest undertaken at rank 20, another at rank 30, and the final one at 36.)

The boss fight is extremely difficult and mostly luck. (Or maybe I'm just terrible at nuking. I don't know!) and the guy (above) doesn't like to help at all!

In any case, it took me five tries before I finally got them defeated, and it involved rescuing a fallen knight from Coerthas.




...But eight ranks to go until I am done with it for now. (I'm hoping to get Conjurer to 38 so I can learn Raise and use it on others. Especially for the upcoming content.) Along with that, I'm hoping on taking Gladiator to 50 and get Physical level 50 before they dump it just for the sake of saying "Booyah"!

And in the process, I'm hoping to gear up the linkshell in preparation of what's to come. I'm looking forward to what's on the horizon. Bring it on summer (and Ifrit)!




So much to do, so little time!

No comments: