Sunday, May 8, 2011

Awesome Saturday, not-so-awesome Sunday

So the title says, I write this blog from my bed rather than my desk (like I normally do).



My Saturday:


I got sick all of the sudden on Saturday morning, and I rarely get sick. But when I do, it hits hard. Anyway, I was still feeling well enough to attend the 8th BETA meeting and go to a friend's show that I promised her I would attend. Both were really freaking awesome.

The BETA Meeting unfortunately had a majority of the group who couldn't come, but we were able to make-do with who we had and made a very entertaining skit. I hope you all will enjoy it, we have a new member who makes her debut in it as well! It should be out sometime soon, but I'm not editing this one (due to my other commitments with other projects), so I can't provide a solid release date just yet. Note: It does contain massive amounts of Batman.


Afterward, I went to check out the circus my friend was performing in Redlands. I'd have to say, I was thoroughly impressed! There were a lot of talented performers and I can say I would probably be far too afraid to try and walk on a tightrope or climb a human ladder suspended in air. Those people have some real talent (not to mention courage!) I can say it is worth every penny and highly encourage you to check it out if you're in the area. Note: It's hard to get parking. I had to park quite a ways down the street! Damn you, narrow Redlands streets and your parallel parking.


I had to cancel the event on Final Fantasy XIV afterwards as I started feeling much worse and lost my voice entirely. I just don't feel like gaming when I'm in pain, you know?



Today's Plans:


Since today is Mother's Day, my brother, my dad, and I are going to visit her in the cemetery and get some flowers to put next to her plaque. I think I'm probably also going to see "Thor", I hear it's really good. Next week, I'm going to go to Frank and Son with one of my closest friends, and next month I'm going to introduce BETA to the place and we look for props and all that fun stuff!

Also, I'm hopefully going to try and get rid of my terrible sore throat for the time being, because it's hard for me to talk. and it's frustrating trying to drink liquids to try and get better. Almost feels like I'm choking on something, very painful.

On a side note, I feel like I have the need to point this out. If you have your mom, make sure you spend the day with her and show her that you care. You may never know when you can lose your mom in the blink of an eye at any moment, and she won't be around forever. Don't take her for granted!


Until Tuesday!







Rest in Peace (1962-2000)


.

No comments: