Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Battle System Update: Monster Animations and Team Attacks

For the past few days, I've been doing some interesting tweaks to the battle system. I've edited the monsters attack animations to come up and actually physically smack the character for damage rather than just stand there. (Was actually easier than I thought it would be.)

Another concept I am working on is going to be "Team Attacks". Party members will be able to string attacks and join in on other party members attacks in battle. I'm planning on having them introduced early on and they may be the primary strategy to winning fights in the game efficiently.

I'm planning on having some basic team attacks that Mage and his female companion (shown below with magenta hair) can do in the Alpha Testing for the battle system which will be available starting June 27th.


For more info on battle system alpha testing, you can go here.






.

No comments: