Thursday, June 9, 2011

E3 2011: Trailers and Thoughts Compilation Part 1: Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo's Conference





Today's Blog Post: E3 Part 1. This shows what I think of the Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo conference and games that are going to come out for the system that may not necessarily have had time in the conference itself. On Saturday, I am going to post the EA, Konami, and Ubisoft conferences and games I'd be interested out of those.


You can see the official E3 Expo website here.



Microsoft:

See also:
Microsoft's E3 Press Conference - Part 1
Microsoft's E3 Press Conference - Part 2
Microsoft's E3 Press Conference - Part 3
Microsoft's E3 Press Conference - Part 4

Microsoft is the only one out of the big three that didn't really announce any new consoles or hardware. But more of additional software features for the Xbox (like watching YouTube and TV via Xbox). For games, they mostly capitalized on sequels/remakes/reboots to their existing popular franchises.


I'll get the franchises I don't care too much for out of the way. New Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 trailer. Yay.





And a new Halo trilogy is announced. That means not only will there be a Halo 4, but there will be a Halo 5 and 6 as well. (Why the hell would they announce more than one game in the same series at the same time? That's just bad planning.) None of which are being developed by Bungie, so there will probably be a major shift in gameplay elements in these new installments unlike the Call of Duty series. (Above).





As for Kinect? This movie sums it up in a nutshell.






Games I am looking forward to (Xbox):

Tomb Raider: (Careful, you may want to turn the volume low for this trailer. People may get the WRONG idea.)






Ryse:





Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Also for PS3):




Mass Effect 3:





Sony:

See also:
Sony's E3 Press Conference - Part 1
Sony's E3 Press Conference - Part 2
Sony's E3 Press Conference - Part 3

I don't know, I found Sony's conference to be very lackluster this year in general. The fist part of it was all about apologizing for the whole hacking mess. But they did announce the official name for their new hand-held, the "PS Vita". It has a touch screen and some interesting game-play elements. It's also teaming up with AT&T's for dozens of mobile hot-spots.





It seems to have about the graphics capabilities of the PS3 and will release for the same price as a 3DS. A $249 for a standard model and $299 for a 3G model.

Games I'm looking forward to (Sony):

Twisted Metal:






Uncharted 3:






Final Fantasy XIII-2: (See: Microsoft)

Nintendo:

See also:
Nintendo's E3 Press Conference - Part 1
Nintendo's E3 Press Conference - Part 2
Nintendo's E3 Press Conference - Part 3



And now the best for last. Mainly because I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but I digress.

Nintendo finally unveiled its new console. Well, actually we've known it for quite some time, but only as "Project Cafe". But it now has a real name: The Wii U.





Nintendo always has a way to innovate past Sony and Microsoft. And they always tend to copy them later on in their console. Though, I'm interested to see how an i-pad like controller would work. I also hope it's sturdy enough. Most Nintendo products are, because I tend to be clumsy and drop my Wiimote often. lol

I'm really looking forward to getting a Wii U console. It'll probably be my gaming ticket to finally catching up with this gaming generation.


Games I'm looking forward to (Nintendo):

Super Mario 3DS:






Luigi's Mansion 2:






Mario Kart 3DS:






Kid Icarus: Uprising






The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword:





Paper Mario 3DS:






Sonic Generations: (This one is multiplatform, but I'm getting the 3DS version)



No comments: