Monday, June 13, 2011

Second Game Project: Battle System Alpha Test Details (α)


Hey all!


My original plan was to have the alpha testing for the battle system for our project we're working on in the Codename: EPIC development team start today and go until the 19th. However, some plans came up in real life which called for an immediate halt on all my projects until I got that sorted out. Because of this, the testing dates for the project are from June 27th to July 9th.





At the bottom of the post, I will post some system requirements. This particular project is running on a heavily modified RPG Maker VX engine. When the game itself is completed, I'm planning on putting my share of the proceeds of the project into a fund for purchasing a Unity and Unreal license.

Anyway, back on topic. The purpose of this test is to not show off the game itself. The game is very early on in development. But I am almost finished with the bare-bones battle system, and I'd like to see others play it on their computers and get feedback on lag and performance before I go into optimizing features like the user interface and how the graphics look in-game.

What to expect to play through are parts of the first dungeon, and some of the world map. Areas involving story/cutscene sequences will be omitted from the battle testing.


System Requirements:
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 2000 / XP / Vista / 7
CPU: PC with 1.0GHz Intel® Pentium® III equivalent or higher processor
RAM: At least 256MB of system RAM
Minimum Disk Requirement: 100MB available hard disk space
Resolution: 1024x768 or better video resolution


If you are interested in testing, you can comment on this blog post or message me privately. Invites will be sent via e-mail on the 27th.


.

1 comment:

William Merriam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.