Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Selatria: Development Blog Update 5/30


It's been a long week, but a fairly productive one. I spent Monday working on getting the voices for Commander in at a recording studio. It went very well. Made for some funny recording moments, unfortunately Jabari got all of the funny pictures. Maybe next post?


Also: Here's some new concept art done by Erik Boismier and Jonathan Flynn. He will be a recurring antagonist throughout the story.

 




As for voice acting, we were able to put up a Mage introduction for our YouTube page. Check it out below!






I posted a preview of what to expect from (in a?) Selatria trailer that I'm working on for YouTube. I originally meant it to be for Facebook friends, but what the heck? I'll repost it here. Here's a hint: The main antagonist of the game is in the movie somewhere.




 

Credits:
Voice Actors featured:
Peter Lim Quon (Narrator)
Jonathan Martin Dishaw (Commander)
Jabari Smith (Mage)
Vikki Ceballos (Melanie)

Music featured: 
Christopher Nuno (Introduction) 
Luke Simpson (Trial Cave)
 
Character Art: Jonathan Flynn
SFX: Donald Brown
Storyline: Airen Blakovich
World Map Design: William Merriam
Producer/Director/Game Design/Storyline: Grover Wimberly IV
Co-Director: Jabari Smith
 
I got some great feedback from a friend, he suggested that some dialogue be modified for better flow. I'm going to see if I can get that in before the trailer is done. I want to have it done by June 4th, but it's possible that it may be delayed. It will contain the introduction, but also show actual gameplay as well.
I wish I could post some samples of themes in the works, as they sound extremely awesome. Luke Simpson recently finished the Boss Theme for the game which sounds absolutely amazing. Bosses are also going to have multiple forms, and he's now working on a theme that plays when the boss has low HP. From what I've heard him show me, it fits for the situation perfectly. I hope you guys will enjoy the music in the game as well. It's an entirely original soundtrack.

Here are some updated screenshots showing off some of the new monsters. Erik Boismier, our head monster artist, is working on getting the shadowing for all of the monsters, so it's still a work in progress.





Unfortunately the beta testing dates I had planned in a previous post have to be postponed to the middle-end of June. We have some scheduling conflicts of getting the voices for one of our main characters, and to release that without the person's voice would be disrespectful to the team and undermine all that we've worked on.

I want to release a complete chapter 1 of the game with voices/art intact. So thank you for being patient. :)

Until next post.





.
.

No comments: