Monday, December 31, 2012

Last blog post of 2012


---
[December 31, 2011]
For 2012, I want it to be a year of personal discovery. While I've spent 2010 and 2011 becoming 

more outgoing and social than I have been, I want 2012 to be a year where I take risks. I want to graduate college this year and maybe start up a studio. I want to release Selatria to a wide audience. There is so much I'd like to do, and there is so much I've done this year as well that I thought I would have never done.

I wrote that a year ago, I don't remember writing that at all.

---

Well here it is, the last post of 2012. This year was full of great things, and unfortunate tragedies.

But regarding 2011 goals, I guess it lingered in my head because for the most part, I was able to get most of the above done. At the time, I was hoping I could finish the game by the end of the year, but university at said no to that. (Not literally, but difficult classes had priority.) The last quarters were very stressful, I guess because I didn't manage my courses as well as I would have liked and saved the most difficult courses for last. You know, the ones that are only offered once or twice a year, and if you don't do well, you're essentially screwed.

I also don't really believe in New Year's Resolutions. People start them for the first couple of days and they fall flat and then that's the end of that. 

Anyway, 2013 goals! They're not something that came out of my head and said I would like to start precisely on January 1st. Most of these have been ongoing and just carried over because I couldn't finish it in December due to time constraints.

-Begin the fundraising phase for Selatria
-Attend at least three trips to Mexico to feed orphans
-I am going to stop a very self-destructive habit I've had for the last few years.
-Finish Selatria
-Do well on my job interview in a few days.

-

Life is looking up. Bring it on, 2013!





No comments: