Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013


Another year! Another Valentine's Day! ...Single Awareness Day, something! I get to have a date with Uncle Sam and plan out tax information for Selatria. There goes all of my extra money! No, I'm kidding. Sort of... Do you realize how much it costs to get internet a month in a business area? That's highway robbery if you are ever put in such a position. Don't let their "costs" fool you. The setup fees are outrageous...

Where was I? Oh, yeah. Valentine's Day.

---

So, for the past few years I've been in I would call it "deep appreciation" for this girl. I've known her since late-2010 or so, and she's been involved with several projects of mine.

I can honestly say I've never met a girl who is anything like her. She's very unique and does things based on how she is and how she wants to be rather than trying to meet some sort of expectation from others. And I truly think that is admirable. 

Everything from the way she talks and listens to others (You'd be surprised at how many people I talk to that just shrug off a conversation to "cool" and "nice"- it's very annoying and you think they don't even care), to the way she giggles cutely at jokes we make when we're working together, it's very genuine. I greatly admire that about her.


Last year's Valentine's Day, I left her an anonymous message hoping that she would never change who she is on the inside because there are people that really adore that in a person and would do anything to be with them. She responded saying that it was very sweet that someone would take the time to say that about her, and it's probably because no one has took the time to truly appreciate who she is. (Or was just too shy to.) 

Realistically speaking, if she knew that I was the one who said it, things would probably be awkward. We're just friends and I don't see that ever changing, and in all reality, I probably prefer it to be that way. I don't want to potentially ruin a healthy friendship. But you can't help but wish there were more people in the world who were just as special as she is.

I'm debating on writing her a new note for later today. I know she doesn't read this blog, and I assume it's vague enough that no one is going to have an idea of who I am talking about anyway. So she won't know it'll be from me. We'll see!

And before anyone jumps on the "just tell her in-person" bandwagon: That's just who I am. My joy every Valentine's Day comes from being able to see the ones you care about and appreciate be happy. I am a behind-the-scenes kind of guy. I am happy if the people I like and associate myself with are also happy just by knowing there is someone out there who accepts them for who they are. That's what everyone wants, right? :)

Obligatory song for 2013. Last year was "Something About You" by Level 42. This year, I am picking a video game theme. I think it fits. It's a sweet song called "Pulifia Flowers" from one of my favorite games.





.
.

No comments: