Friday, March 22, 2013

3/22 Gaming Rant!

Some rants about upcoming games. Stuff I'm looking forward to.


General Gaming Rant:

I'm going to spend some time during next week to finish Xenoblade Chronicles. It's been sitting on the shelf for some time. I believe I was halfway through, but the game is so vast that sometimes I get overwhelmed thinking about playing it before I even turn the Wii on. I want to finish the game just to get a sense of closure for the game collection shelf before the release of "A Realm Reborn". We'll see!
 
Other game I've been slowly working on is Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. I've said that I won't buy the 3DS one until I beat that one, so maybe it's a forced punishment? I don't know. I'm restarted the game since I got stuck by losing too many characters the first time around and have been trying to get through with no deaths at all!

Also, Dragon Age... long term game goal. I've gotten a decent chunk done, but just need to get on and play more... when there's time!

Also a remake of Ducktales was announced this morning! For the XB360, PS3, and WiiU. It seems like a 2.5D game, I hope they make a 3DS downloadable port.




Final Fantasy MMOs:

Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin

I have talked about for a while that I was on the fence about joining FFXI again for the Seekers of Adoulin expansion. I am ultimately deciding against it, for now.

I think a lot of people see XI with rose-colored glasses, and comment about how the experience has changed. Consider me a more casual gamer than I used to be, but I don't want to go back to the game with the dated interface and having to wikipedia up the most basic of things. I'm going to be watching from the sidelines to see how the storyline is.

If I see some really badass cutscenes and a storyline that wows me over as much as CoP or WoTG or FFXIV Seventh Umbral Era but doesn't take years to complete, I may give it a shot!

 

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

I showed this picture to a new LS member who never watched the original 1.0 cinematic. Creepy looking, isn't it?

I'm still bound by a nondisclosure agreement, so I can't say anything other than that I'm a legacy member, and legacy members can get in on Phase 1. The NDA is lifted in Phase 4 according to the Beta Test roadmap.

Here's how well my laptop can run the game using its official benchmark. I don't know how YouTube messed up its quality. It looks very similar to how it is in the embed mode, but not as grainy looking if you see it in full-screen.

 
 
I will be reprising my FFXIV 1.0 character and roles as Level 50 Paladin/Level 50 Black Mage/Level 50 Warrior main. I will also play Blue Mage if(when?) they release that job. I also have level 50 Dragoon/Monk/Bard/White Mage and have plans to level Arcanist/Summoner to 50. However those jobs will not be a priority on gearing up, at least until after PLD/BLM/WAR is done, anyway.

I am looking forward to adventuring with my Viva Eorzea friends once more. There's so much content we will need to do, places to explore, raids to complete. 

Speaking of which, Clayers Ray found a screenshot of when we won the last battle of the 1.0 Seventh Umbral storyline. Hot damn, it was closer than I remember!



I'm looking forward to returning to Eorzea soon enough!


Until next time.


.

No comments: