Monday, May 4, 2015

Regarding self-deprecating nature

I feel like it's time to get something off of my chest.

I put somewhat of a persona on in the real world and on my Facebook interactions. In the real world, I put myself out there as being very self-deprecating and make a lot of jokes at my own expense, partially to make myself appear to be personable. As someone who can easily be approached.

Because of the self-deprecating nature of how I act, I am mistakenly seen as someone who is not very intelligent. I can see where people can draw these conclusions, and it's why I prefer to be a recluse most of the time.

I would say how I act in these blog posts and how I present myself here gives a more accurate representation of how I perceive myself and how I truly am. I'm not really sure where I was going on this subject, and kind of started to ramble. I just wanted to put this out there, because that was on my mind.


Anyhow, some not-so-legitimate links on the meaning of these things can be found below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-deprecation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome


No comments: