Sunday, October 21, 2018

Fixing my coding/programming skill faults and going back to the basics

I am really dissatisfied with my lack of coding knowledge. During my first years of university for Computer Science, I was going through a depression and I couldn't focus on my studies during the crucial levels of university. It hurt me later on and now I'm not confident in my programming abilities.

Some team members of mine are having to fix my spaghetti code later on and spruce it up, and I can't continue to lie in mediocrity so I went back and am fixing my issues and faults for my programming language knowledge.


I purchased this book a few months ago Beginning C++ with Game Programming which uses gamification techniques to teach C++ and programming/object-oriented programming concepts.

During downtimes at work, I'm fiddling with C++ to be able to get back up to speed with what I feel like concepts that went through one ear and out the other during my university.

It's a really good book. Even if you don't know any programming, it's written so you can learn and get up to speed.

No comments: