Friday, January 4, 2019

Retiring current savage tier FFXIV raiding - a second time

I've retired from doing current tier savage raiding in FFXIV, probably for good this time. I personally feel as worn out as the Warrior of Light in the Shadowbringers trailer. I think I'm tired of doing the same few arena fights for a few hours every week just for the gear to be obsolete in 6 months as well as the intense pressure to fight and give it 100+ while being exhausted from real life responsibilities.

Unlike the last time in mid-2014 when I had a meltdown (both in real life and in-game), I left this static group on good terms with everyone and now I'm relaxing and playing the game far more casually. I am also remaining in a side group called Backwards Compatible where we clear older content for the same rewards when there's stat boosts and better equipment making the fights a lot less stressful on everyone (including myself). I'm not worried about never getting these battles done, I know I'll complete it sometime in the future, well as long as they keep increasing the gear rewards.

Until Shadowbringers expansion and maybe even past that I'm going to enjoy Final Fantasy XIV with activities that I personally find enjoyable. The main story, leveling up other jobs and their associated stories, Deep Dungeon (why don't they add more 4 player content that's exciting?), learning primal fights, doing older raids and going for their mounts, Eureka (NOT Pagos), and leveling B...Bl....Blu... Now I'm sad.

See ya around in Hydaelyn


.

No comments: