Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Playing FFX again...

 I have a newfound appreciation for Final Fantasy X after playing HD Remaster on the Switch after not playing the game in 20 years. 

I remember having so much trouble clearing out the puzzles when I was 10 (I remember that ice temple being a LOT bigger) and struggling on that airship boss fight for weeks. Probably didn't help that I just used Yuna's aeons and nothing else leaving everyone else weak and not ready for it.

My gaming style has changed quite a bit in 20 years, or maybe I was so salty from the first playthrough that I knew what to expect. lol

After working on Selatria I now appreciate all the hard work to making a cohesive game with cutscenes and voice acting. I didn't give them enough credit for then and just considered it an inferior experience to FFIX. 

No comments: